jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for registration in the air sports equipment directory for ultralight sports equipment that does not require approval


The air sports equipment directory stores the data of all domestically certified ultralight aircraft, ultralight helicopters and gyrocopters. Only registered ultralight aircraft (UL) receive a license plate.

As a rule, air sports equipment without a licensing requirement does not require a license plate and therefore does not receive an entry in the air sports equipment register. If you still want a license plate for your air sports equipment, then you must apply for entry in the air sports equipment register.

Air sports equipment that does not require approval includes, for example:

  • Single- or two-seater air sports equipment with a maximum authorised mass not exceeding 120 kg, including harness and rescue equipment
  • Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
    • Note: Will be omitted in the future in the course of the implementation of the European Regulation on the regulation of unmanned aerial systems (UAV). In this case, UAVs do not only have to be marked as before, but are also subject to approval and must be registered in a database.

In order to obtain an entry or a mark for your UL, you must either have a

  • German type test or
  • provide proof of an EU type certificate.

The air sports associations commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure are responsible for the registration of ultralight aircraft and ultralight helicopters in the air sports equipment directory. These are the

  • Deutscher Aero Club e.V. and
  • the German Ultralight Flight Association e.V.

Personal data such as the name and address of the owner as well as technical data such as the

  • the type and pattern of the aircraft and the serial number of the airframe;
  • the nationality and registration marks of the aircraft, and
  • the number of the sheet of the aircraft register.

As soon as there are any changes to the stored data, you must notify the German Federal Aviation Authority or the commissioned air sports association with which your air sports equipment is registered. Under special circumstances, German authorities may access your data. This applies to

  • administrative measures in the field of air transport;
  • to prosecute infringements of air traffic regulations, or
  • for the prosecution of criminal offences or for the prevention of threats to public safety.

For air sports equipment such as ultralight aircraft and ultralight helicopters, the commissioned air sports associations are responsible, in this case the German Aero Club or the German Ultralight Association. The Federal Aviation Office is responsible for all other aircraft, such as powered aircraft, gliders, motor gliders or helicopters.

  • Proof of German type examination or
  • Proof of EU type certificate
  • Copy of identity card (front and back) or passport and registration certificate
  • Proof of ownership of the UL
  • In the case of registration on the basis of a German type examination:
    • Proof of type testing (device data sheet)
    • Proof of routine testing of the complete UL (all components in combination, available from the manufacturer or authorized dealer)
  • In the case of registration on the basis of the EU type certificate
    • Fully completed certificate stamped and signed by the manufacturer or distributor, such as the "Fiche D' Identification" for air sports equipment approved in France
  • Entry in the aviation equipment directory: EUR 80.00
  • Change of registration: EUR 25.00

5 days. However, depending on the workload, processing may take longer.

The entry or modification of their data in the air equipment directory must be requested in writing by post or by e-mail.

  • Print out the application form on the website of your preferred air sports association and fill it out completely.
  • Send the application form with the required documents either
    • by post or
    • by e-mail to the address of your air sports association.
  • If your application is complete, you will receive a certificate of registration by post.

Federal Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found