jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Submit complaints and inquiries in the field of telecommunications


The Federal Network Agency has the task of ensuring that telecommunications companies comply with the regulations on customer protection laid down in the Telecommunications Act (TKG).

If you have a concern about your Internet, mobile or fixed network connection, you can contact the Federal Network Agency. The Federal Network Agency

  • informs you about your rights as a customer and
  • supports you in certain individual cases in clarifying your concerns vis-à-vis telecommunications companies.

To do this, you can submit a complaint or a request to the Federal Network Agency. The Federal Network Agency will then examine your request.

For example, the Federal Network Agency can support you

  • in the event of problems in the context of a change of provider, such as an interrupted supply, or
  • in case of problems with a move of your connection or
  • in matters relating to the universal provision of telecommunications services. Part of the basic service is that you are entitled to a landline connection.

In certain cases, the Federal Network Agency may also clarify questions in connection with your contract, for example regarding contract transparency, the contents of an invoice or an itemised bill.

  • You are a customer of a telecommunications company and

  • Your request concerns

    • Regulations on customer protection of the Telecommunications Act (TKG) or
    • the universal provision of telecommunications services, or
    • other European Union rules on roaming, European international calls and SMS or net neutrality.
  • in the event of a change of provider: Your supply has been unintentionally interrupted or an interruption threatens for more than a day.

Depending on the circumstances different, for example:

  • Contract and applicable General Terms and Conditions (GTC) of the provider
  • Confirmation of order
  • Order for the relocation of your telecommunications connection
  • Order for number porting
  • Termination letter or confirmation of termination
  • Test and measurement protocols of your broadband measurement
  • Disputed invoices and itemized bills

Further information on the required documents can be found in the contact forms.

The procedure is free of charge.

There is no deadline for submitting inquiries or complaints.

For billing questions, please note the complaint period of 8 weeks stated in your invoice. For reasons of proof, it is advisable to send complaints to the provider by registered mail.

In the event of a supply interruption in the course of a change of provider, the Federal Network Agency will examine your request within a short period of time, usually within 3 to 5 working days.

For other requests, the processing time can be 2 to 6 weeks, depending on the subject area.

The Federal Network Agency assumes that you have already reported your request to your telecommunications provider so that they can investigate the matter as quickly as possible.

Form: Contact form Inquiries and complaints in the field of telecommunications

Online procedure possible: yes

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no

Inquiries or complaints can be submitted online, electronically or in writing. Please preferably use the online contact form.

To submit your request or complaint online:

  • On the website of the Federal Network Agency, select the topic that suits your request.

  • Fill out the contact form completely:

    • Please enter your e-mail address. Information about your request can be sent to this e-mail address.
    • Include relevant documents as an attachment, for example your letters with the providers. If possible, please summarize them in a PDF file.
    • Give us your consent to forward your request to affected companies for a purposeful clarification of the facts.
  • The Federal Network Agency checks whether there are possibilities for intervention or support

  • If so, the Federal Network Agency usually turns to the companies involved with the facts.

  • You will receive a response from the Federal Network Agency to your inquiry or complaint, usually by e-mail or by post.

If you wish to submit your request or complaint by De-Mail, e-mail or by post:

  • Please use the PDF form provided for this purpose and fill it out. Note: The additional explanations from the online contact form are not available to you
  • Send your inquiry or complaint to the addresses of the Federal Network Agency.
  • The further procedural steps are the same as for the online procedure.

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found