jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

As a measure provider, you will be reimbursed for social security contributions that have been paid for the period during which a rehabilitation measure is carried out


The Federal Employment Agency is a rehabilitation provider unless another rehabilitation provider is responsible. This also applies to people with disabilities who are cared for by job centres. However, the special feature here is that there are shared performance responsibilities between the Employment Agency and the Job Centre for the benefits for professional participation.

Unless the Federal Employment Agency is obliged to do so itself, you, as the measure provider, must register for social security for all participants and pay social security contributions during the measure. Specifically, it is about the contributions to the

  • Health insurance
  • Pension scheme
  • unemployment insurance, if applicable, and
  • Long-term care insurance.

The Employment Agency or the Job Centre will reimburse you for the social security contributions paid, depending on your responsibility for benefits.

You will receive the money monthly in arrears during the entire period in which the measure is running, as soon as you have submitted an application.

How high the reimbursement contributions can be depends on the measure for participation in working life and which personal requirements are met by the participant. For orientation, you can refer to the "Table of Reimbursement Contributions for Vocational Rehabilitation Measures", which the Federal Employment Agency has coordinated with the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance (GKV SV).

  • In order to be reimbursed for social security contributions, you must:
    • be legally obliged to register for social security and to pay social security contributions,
    • have made the declaration for social security and
    • have paid contributions, and
    • have submitted an application to the responsible service provider.
  • In addition, social security contributions can only be paid for measures for participation in working life that are funded by the Employment Agency or the Job Centre.

Apart from the application for reimbursement of contribution expenses, no other documents must be submitted.

The usual limitation period of 4 years applies.

The department that approves the rehabilitation measure is the department responsible for you.

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

You will receive a notification if you are responsible for paying and reporting social security contributions. This can be done electronically, for example via the Electronic Action Management (EMAW), or via a personal information letter.

In order to be reimbursed for your social security contributions, you must submit an application.

  • Go to the website of the Federal Employment Agency and download the "Application for reimbursement of contribution expenses for people with disabilities" or use the online application option in your employer account.
  • Fill out the application completely. Please note the values from the table of reimbursement contributions. Submit the application to your local employment agency or job centre or send the application online.
  • The responsible employment agency or the responsible job center will check your application.
  • If all requirements are met, you will be reimbursed for your social security contributions.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found