jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for exemption from the requirement of expertise under the Chemicals Ozone Layer Ordinance


In order to work on technical equipment that uses ozone-depleting substances, you must provide a certificate of competence.

For the certificate of competence, you usually complete a course followed by a proficiency examination. The proficiency test is offered by state-recognized, private providers as well as by public bodies such as chambers of industry and commerce or chambers of crafts.

In order to be admitted to the proficiency examination in certain categories, you must prove that you have completed technical or craft training. The Chamber of Industry and Commerce or Chamber of Crafts can exempt you from this requirement if you can prove that you have acquired the prescribed manual skills elsewhere. You apply for exemption from the requirement of training in writing to your Chamber of Industry and Commerce or Chamber of Crafts.  

Exemption from the requirement of training is a procedure that depends very much on the individual case, so you should find out about your options before applying to the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or Chamber of Crafts.  

  • They meet the requirements for registration in the register of craftsmen
  • Alternatively, you can otherwise prove that you are qualified to practice a craft
  • Possibly further documents, please ask for more details from the chamber to which you would like to apply for the exemption
  • Copy of identity card
  • Proof of qualifying professional activities

There are costs. The exact height is determined by the chambers themselves.  

  • The processing time depends heavily on the individual case and cannot be given as a general rule

Contact the Chamber of Crafts or the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

  • Forms: Recognition form of the respective chamber
  • Online procedure possible: partial
  • Written form requirement: no
  • Personal appearance required: no

You apply for exemption from the requirement of craft or technical training in writing to an IHK or HWK. Since the exemption depends very much on your personal requirements, you should seek advice from the Chamber beforehand.  

  • The Chamber checks whether you meet the requirements even without a professional qualification.  
  • You will receive a certificate of exemption from craft or technical training.  

Now you can take the proficiency exam and, after passing, carry out work on air conditioners of the appropriate category.  

Section 5 (4) of the Chemical Ozone Layer Ordinance (ChemOzonSchichtV)

Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.