jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a polling card


If you have received a voter notification but cannot or do not want to vote locally in your constituency on election day, you can apply for election documents for a postal ballot. These contain the ballot paper.

The election notification indicates where you are requesting the documents for the postal vote.

If you are unable to use the designated polling station due to a disability, you can also apply for a polling card.

If you pick up your ballot card and absentee ballot documents in person at the city or municipal administration, you have the option of casting your vote on the spot. The administration ensures that you can mark your ballot paper unobserved and place it in the ballot paper envelope.

  • They are entitled to vote in the election in question and are registered on the electoral roll.    
  • If you are applying on behalf of another person: You must provide a written power of attorney.
  • Provision of personal data (name, date of birth, address)
  • Written power of attorney if you want a third party to submit the application on your behalf or receive your documents

There are no costs.

You will receive the election notification no later than 3 weeks before election day. If you have not received them in time, contact your city or municipal administration.

As a rule, you must have applied for the polling card no later than two days before election day, 6:00 p.m.

The absentee ballot documents must be received by the municipality by 6:00 p.m. on election day at the latest.

If you have applied for a polling card but never received it, you can get a new polling card until 12:00 noon the day before Election Day. To do this, contact your city or municipal administration.

Processing Time: 1 - 8 Weeks

City or municipal administration

Forms available:
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible:
Personal appearance required:

Online services available: partial

You can apply for your polling card as follows:

  • You go to the city or municipal administration in person and pick up the ballot paper there,
  • You submit a written request – use the form on the back of the election notification,
  • You apply for the ballot card electronically, if your city or municipality offers such a procedure (online application, e-mail),
  • You ask a representative who has your written power of attorney to pick up the documents for you.

It is not possible to apply by telephone.

If you are unable to cast your vote by postal ballot alone due to a physical impairment or because of writing and reading problems, another person may help you. Your assistant must:

  • be at least 16 years old, and
  • confirm by an affidavit in lieu of an oath that the ballot paper has been marked according to your declared will.

Federal Ministry of the Interior and Community

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

special notes for kreisfreie Stadt Halle (Saale), Stadt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Wolfgang-Borchert-Straße 75
06126 Halle (Saale), Stadt
+49 345 61387031
+49 345 61387049