jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for accommodation in a children's home


Education in an institution day and night or in another form of assisted living is intended to promote the development of children and adolescents.

This is a type of educational assistance. A benefit for young people according to §41 SGB VIII may also be suitable.

The type of care depends on the age and stage of development of the child or adolescent. In the various forms of housing, professionals look after your child with educational and therapeutic offers.

In the case of home education or in any other form of assisted living, it is an aid to education. Depending on the situation, the aid should:

  • achieve a return to the family,
  • prepare for education in another family,
  • offer a way of life designed for a longer period of time.
  • You are the parent or guardian of a child (the person with custody).
  • They do not manage to care for and educate the child in such a way that it is good for the child.
  • Help in the form of placing your child in a home or other form of assisted living is suitable and necessary.
  • Identity card
  • If applicable, proof of custody, for example: birth certificate, information from the custody register or decision of the family court on custody

The costs for home education or other assisted living are largely borne by the Youth Welfare Office. However, you must contribute to the costs to a reasonable extent. Please ask the responsible youth welfare office.

Youth welfare office

  • Contact the responsible youth welfare office.
  • In a personal conversation, you will be shown possible help. The Youth Welfare Office tries to support you so that your child can continue to stay with you.
  • If the Youth Welfare Office deems it necessary to place your child in a home or in another form of assisted living, you can apply for educational assistance.
  • All parties involved (you, your child, the caregivers from the care facility and the youth welfare office) meet for a help plan discussion. The aid plan sets out how the aid is to be structured and what objectives are to be achieved.
  • The Youth Welfare Office is looking for a suitable facility. You can express your wishes. If there are multiple options, you can choose the setup.
  • It is regularly checked whether the help is still suitable and whether your child can come back to the family.

Senator for Social Affairs, Youth, Integration and Sport in Bremen

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

special notes for kreisfreie Stadt Halle (Saale), Stadt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found