jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a replacement of the Registration Certificate Part I or Part II


If you lose your Registration Certificate Part I or Part II or if it is stolen from you, you must immediately report this to your local licensing authority. 

There you must also apply for a new registration certificate Part I or II. In some cases, the registration authority requires that you also submit an affidavit of loss of the vehicle document.

Note: If you find the lost admission document after the replacement document has been issued, you must hand in the old document to the admission authority as soon as possible.

Loss of the vehicle document

  • valid identity card or passport
  • in the case of commercial vehicles: additional evidence
  • in case of loss: declaration of loss or affidavit
  • in case of theft: Confirmation by the police of the theft report
  • If applicable, existing registration certificate Part I or Part II (formerly: vehicle registration document or vehicle registration document)
  • If you replace the registration certificate Part I, you will also need the following for registered vehicles:
    • Test report on a valid general inspection according to the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO)
  • In addition, for representation:
    • written power of attorney
    • valid identity card or passport of the authorised person
  • In addition, for minors: 
    • Declaration of consent and identity documents of the legal guardians

Please check with your competent licensing authority whether further documents are required or whether some of the listed documents are not required.

Notes: The licensing authority may require an affidavit about the whereabouts of the registration document. Many regulatory authorities offer an affidavit form for download. If the Registration Certificate Part II is deposited with a financial institution, check with the Licensing Authority about the procedure.

Registration certificate Part 2: EUR 10,20
Registration certificate Part I: EUR 11,10
Depending on the local licensing authority, additional costs may be incurred.

Depending on the volume in your responsible licensing authority: Please inquire on site.

Forms: can be obtained from your local licensing authority 

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: yes 

Personal appearance required:  varies depending on the locally competent licensing authority

You must apply in writing or in person to your locally competent licensing authority for the issuance of a new Registration Certificate Part I or II.

  • Check with your local licensing authority,
    • whether a form is available for download,
    • which documents you need for the procedure,
    • whether you can submit the application in person or in writing by e-mail or by post,
    • whether you should appear on site for the personal application with or without an appointment and whether you have to pick up your new papers in person or receive them by post to your home.
  • As a rule, you must appear in person for the application. To do this, go to your competent licensing authority with the completed form and the required documents.
  • In the event of loss of the Registration Certificate Part II:
    • The loss is reported to the Federal Motor Transport Authority by the licensing authority and published in the Verkehrsblatt.
    • Only after the loss has been announced in the traffic bulletin with a deadline for the submission of the registration certificate Part II, you can pick up the new registration documents or receive them by post. 
  • The licensing authority can provide you with information about the expected processing time.

Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Wittenberg - KFZ-Zulassung
Breitscheidstraße 4
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible