jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a residence permit for the purpose of employing qualified tolerated persons


As a tolerated foreign person, you can obtain a residence permit to work if you have completed qualified vocational training or university studies in Germany. Qualified vocational training exists if you have completed vocational training in a state-recognised or similarly regulated training occupation.The duration of the training must have been at least two years.

If you have obtained your university degree abroad, you can obtain a residence permit if your foreign degree has been legally recognised in Germany or is comparable to a German university degree. The Central Office for Foreign Education is responsible for the recognition of foreign university degrees in Germany (see under "Further information"). In addition, it is required that you have been employed for two years without interruption with your foreign university degree. Employment is appropriate if it usually requires an academic degree and the knowledge acquired through higher education is needed, at least in part or indirectly. Shorter interruptions of employment, which should normally not exceed a total duration of three months, are harmless.

You can also obtain a residence permit if you have obtained your professional qualification abroad, have been engaged in qualified employment without interruption for three years and have not applied for public funds (with the exception of benefits to cover the necessary costs of accommodation and heating) within the last year before applying for the residence permit for your livelihood and that of your family members or other household members. were instructed. Qualified employment exists when it is usually carried out by persons with skills, knowledge and abilities acquired in qualified vocational training or academic training. Shorter interruptions (up to three months) are usually harmless,

The residence permit is issued for a limited period of time for the duration of the employment. Holders of the training toleration are granted a residence permit for two years if they wish to pursue employment equivalent to that acquired in vocational training.

  • You have a recognized and valid passport or passport replacement.
  • There is no interest in expulsion against you.
  • Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
  • You have in the Federal territory
    • completed qualified vocational training in a state-recognised or similarly regulated training occupation or university studies, or
    • with a recognised foreign university degree or a foreign university degree comparable to a German university degree, employment appropriate to their degree for at least two consecutive years, or
    • has been in unskilled employment without interruption for at least three years and has not been dependent on public funds within the last year, with the exception of benefits to cover the necessary costs of accommodation and heating.
  • You have sufficient knowledge of German (B1).
  • You can submit a specific job offer or a contract. The "Declaration on employment relationship" serves as proof of the concrete job offer.
  • You have sufficient living space for yourself and your family.
  • The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to the exercise of employment.
  • You can secure your livelihood and health insurance coverage from your own resources without using public services.
  • Valid passport or passport replacement
  • Current biometric photo
  • Proof of completed training (e.B university degree, certificates of completed vocational training)
  • In the case of foreign university degrees: Notification of the recognition or comparability of the university degree, assessment of certificates by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB), if available
  • Employment contract or the declaration of employment completed and signed by the employer (see under "Further information")
  • If applicable, proof of previous activities (e.B. employment references, employment contracts)
  • Proof of German language skills
  • Proof of livelihood security (e.B. equity, blocked account, declaration of commitment)
  • Proof of your health insurance
  • Current registration certificate

In individual cases, the Foreigners' Registration Office may request further documents.

Issuance of residence permit: EUR 100,00

Under certain conditions, a fee reduction or fee exemption may be considered.


  • Additional fees may apply for the issuance of the residence permit in the form of the electronic residence permit, which can also be used as electronic proof of identity.
  • The timing and form of charging and payment vary depending on the authority.
  • The residence permit is issued for a limited period of time for the duration of the employment. For holders of the training toleration, the residence permit is issued for two years.
  • Objection period: one month

about six to eight weeks.

An appeal against a decision of the Foreigners' Registration Office may be lodged with the authority specified in the decision within one month of notification of the decision. The objection can be filed in writing, in electronic form and for record.

If the objection is not complied with by the Foreigners' Registration Office, an action may be brought before the court named in the notice of opposition.

Please contact the Foreigners' Registration Office.

  • Online procedure occasionally possible
  • Written form required
  • Personal appearance required

The procedure is as follows:

  • Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
  • If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eATCard).
  • In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card).
  • If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eATKarte to be produced.
  • After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT Card at the Foreigners' Registration Office.
  • The eATKarte must always be collected in person.

Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Wittenberg - Ausländerangelegenheiten
Breitscheidstr. 3
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
Breitscheidstraße 3
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
03491 806-3330
03491 806-3390


03491 806-3339

03491 806-3331

03491 806-3333

03491 806-3334

03491 806-3332

03491 806-3338

03491 806-3337

03491 806-3335