jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Report the sale of a motor vehicle


If a change occurs in the person of the holder, the previous owner or owner must immediately inform the competent registration authority for the purpose of changing the vehicle registers.

Depending on the offer of the licensing authority, a corresponding form is available for download.

Notification is not required if the acquirer has already notified the approval authority of the changes. Immediately after the change of owner, the purchaser must notify the registration authority responsible for his place of residence or registered office of the new owner data and the vehicle data and, on request, provide proof of proof of insurance, apply for the copy of a new registration certificate Part I on presentation of the certificate of insurance and submit the registration certificate Part II for amendment (transfer).

  • You have sold your car.

The notification must include the registration number of the vehicle, surname, first name and full address of the purchaser and his confirmation that the registration certificate has been handed over.

The sale of a vehicle must be notified in writing to the registration authority without delay.

Contact the licensing authority of your county or city.

Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)

Hessian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy, Transport and Housing

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Wittenberg - KFZ-Zulassung
Breitscheidstraße 4
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible