jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a European firearms pass


The European Firearms Pass is valid for 5 years and can be renewed twice for 5 years each.

Your European firearms pass will only include weapons for which you have a valid permit to acquire and possess weapons (gun ownership card or hunting license). Up to 10 weapons will be entered in the European firearms pass. If you want to take more weapons with you, you will receive another European firearms pass.

You may take the appropriate ammunition with you for the registered weapons, but only as much as you are likely to need. Experience has shown that as a hunter you need less ammunition than as a sports shooter.

The European Firearms Pass is not a guarantee that you will actually be allowed to take the registered weapons into the country. Therefore, before traveling, you should check whether you are allowed to take the weapons into the respective country. In addition to the European Firearms Pass, you must carry an identity document and the gun ownership card in which the weapons are entered. It is also advisable to carry an invitation from the hunting club or the hunting license for the country or a confirmation of registration for a shooting competition.

The European Firearms Pass is not an import document and does not entitle you to permanently transfer firearms or ammunition abroad. For this you need other permissions.

You must have a valid permit to acquire and possess the weapons (e.g. hunting license or gun ownership card) to be entered in the European firearms pass.

  • Identity card or passport (copy)
  • Gun ownership card (WBK) or hunting license
  • current photograph (not older than 1 year, at least 45 x 35 mm in size, with light background)

Please contact your county's gun department. If you live in Dessau-Roßlau, please also contact the weapons authority.

If you live in Halle or Magdeburg, please contact the respective police department.

You must apply for the European Firearms Pass at the competent firearms authority. Submit the application together with the required documents.

The weapons authority will issue you with the European firearms pass if you meet the necessary requirements.

To complete the application faster, you can use the NWR identification numbers (NWR ID):

  • Your personal NWR ID (P or F NWR ID) for your personal information
  • the permitNWR-ID for the weapons permit (E-NWR-ID)
  • the weapons or weapon part NWR ID (W or T NWR ID).

You will receive the NWR IDs upon application to the responsible weapons authority.

Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, Sport and Integration

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Wittenberg - Allgemeines Ordnungsrecht
Breitscheidstraße 4
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
03491 806-1703
03491 806-1791
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible


Further Authorities
Landkreis Wittenberg - Jagd, Waffen, Fischerei
Breitscheidstraße 4
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg