jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for monument funding


If you - or even your tenant - intend to carry out conversion work on your listed building, or if the listed building has to be removed for compelling reasons, please contact your local listed building authority in good time. They will tell you what steps are necessary to obtain the required permit. This will usually save you not only time and money, but also unnecessary hassle, because early discussions with the responsible authorities usually lead to a sensible solution that takes into account all interests.

If a building permit is required for the measure you intend to carry out, the examination in terms of monument law is also carried out within the framework of the building permit procedure.

Please clarify which documents you need to include with the application in a conversation with the monument protection authority responsible for you.

The application for approval must be submitted in writing to the responsible monument protection authority. As a rule, the lower monument protection authorities of the independent cities and administrative districts are responsible for monument protection.

Only if the demolition of a monument is unavoidable, a separate application for approval must be submitted to the responsible higher monument protection authority, the state administration office/monument protection department, before the building application is submitted. Upon application, this authority also grants subsidies for the preservation of cultural monuments.

Cultural monuments within the meaning of the Monument Protection Act are:

  • Architectural monuments,
  • monument areas,
  • archaeological cultural monuments,
  • archaeological area monuments,
  • movable cultural monuments
  • small monuments.

You can receive financial support for the preservation and restoration of your monument through tax relief on the one hand and public subsidies on the other.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Wittenberg - Untere Denkmalschutzbehörde
Breitscheidstraße 3
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
Breitscheidstraße 4
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
03491 806-2825
03491 806-2893
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible


Further Authorities
Landesverwaltungsamt Sachsen-Anhalt - Denkmalschutz, UNESCO-Weltkulturerbe
Olvenstedter Straße 1-2
39108 Magdeburg, Landeshauptstadt
0345 514-2533