jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a ban on the transmission of your data stored in the Central Register for Foreigners


If you are a foreigner living in Germany for more than 90 days, your personal data will be stored in a central register for foreigners. From this, public bodies can obtain information about you.

Non-public bodies, authorities of other countries and supranational or intergovernmental bodies can also receive data from the Central Register of Foreigners if the legal requirements are met.

You can request a transfer block of your personal data if you see a danger to yourself or your relatives. The data will be blocked if:

  • your legitimate interests or those of another person may be affected by the transfer of the data, or
  • at the request of the witness protection service.

Locked data is provided with a transmission lock. It may only be transmitted in exceptional cases (without your opinion) to non-public bodies, authorities of other states or intergovernmental bodies.

If there is an overriding public interest, the block is also effective vis-à-vis authorities. How long the ban applies depends on the individual case.

  • You can demonstrate in a concrete and comprehensible manner that your interests or those of another person worthy of protection may be impaired by the transmission of your data.
  • Proof of your identity
  • where applicable, appropriate evidence that you or another person may be endangered by the transfer

Varies depending on the authority

Forms: can be obtained from your competent authority

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance required: no

You can apply for the transmission block from the Central Register of Foreigners in writing or in person:

If you are requesting the submission block in person:

  • Check with your local immigration office to find out which documents you need. If necessary, make an appointment.
  • At your appointment, a member of staff will listen to you to find out the reasons for your request. A decision will then be made on your application.
  • You will then receive a written notification. If your application is positively reviewed, the transmission block will apply with immediate effect.

If you request the transmission block in writing:

  • Contact your local immigration office to find out which application form and other documents you need. If there is no application form, an informal signed application is sufficient.
  • Send your application and the required documents to your Foreigners' Registration Office, the Central Register of Foreigners, or the branch office of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees responsible for processing your asylum application.
  • After reviewing your application and documents, you will receive a written decision. If your application is positively reviewed, the transmission block will apply with immediate effect.

Note: Transmission blocks can also be stored ex officio in the case of interests worthy of protection or overriding public interest. If a transmission block has been stored in the register ex officio, you as the data subject will be informed by the body that decided on the storage.


The transmission of data despite the existing transmission block is permitted in individual cases if there is an overriding public interest in the knowledge of the blocked data (for example, in order to prosecute criminal offences).

Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found