jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request access to information in the Visa Alert File about your own organization


The Visa Warning File (VWD) assists authorities in issuing visas. These include the German missions abroad. It supports immigration authorities in the examination of declarations of commitment.

If you would like to know whether and what information the Visa Warning File stores about your organization, the Federal Office of Administration will provide you with information. To do this, you need to submit an application.

The Visa Alert File stores information about an organization if people have acted on its behalf, and

  • act as an inviter, committer or reference person in the visa procedure and
    • have provided false information, or
    • have not fulfilled their obligations at the time of use, or
  • have voluntarily allowed their data to be stored if, for example, there is a suspicion that declarations in visa procedures have been made under their name without permission.

The data that the Visa Alert File stores on organizations includes:

  • Name of the organization
  • Address
  • Seat
  • Task or scope of action
  • the name and location of the register in which the organisation is registered, as well as the registration number
  • the reason for the storage
  • the visa warning file number of the Federal Office of Administration
  • When a person acts on behalf of an organization, the person's data is also stored in the WVD.

The application data will be stored for up to 10 years, depending on the decision (positive, negative).

There are no legal requirements for the application.

For online applications:
Proof of identity:

  • Online ID function (with self-selected, six-digit PIN)
    • of the identity card
    • of the electronic residence permit
    • the electronic residence card
    • the electronic permanent residence card, or
    • of the eID card

In case of personal application:
Proof of identity:

  • Identity card, passport

If you apply by post:
Proof of identity:

  • in Germany:
    • by official certification of the signature on the application
      • As a rule, the local town hall or citizens' office can certify the signature. Please inquire about local responsibilities and fees.
  • abroad:
    • by certification of the signature on the application by the diplomatic mission abroad, or
    • by certification of the signature on the application by an authority of the Member State of origin empowered to certify it, or
    • by a separate letter from a notary to certify the signature with German translation by a sworn translator.
  • In the case of information to a representative (authorized) person:
    • Power of attorney with certification of the signature

Certification is not necessary if the authorised person is a lawyer admitted to practice before a German court.

You will not incur any costs as a result of the application.

You don't have to meet any deadlines.

If there are no objections to providing the information: As a rule, you will receive an answer within 4 weeks of receipt of the mail.

  • Objection
  • Contradiction
    Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
  • administrative court action

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: Yes

You can apply online, in person, or by mail.
Online application:

  • Log in to the federal portal with your online ID function.
  • Fill out the online application and submit the data.
  • You will then receive the requested information in writing by post (in the future also in the inbox of the federal user account).

Personal application:

  • Download the application form from the website of the Federal Office of Administration and fill it out.
  • Make an appointment at your local location of the Federal Office of Administration (BVA).
    • Use the telephone hotline or the e-mail address of the visa warning file (BVA, Unit S I 4)
    • An overview of the locations can be found on the BVA website.
  • You will then receive the requested information in writing by post.

Application by post:

  • Download the application form from the website of the Federal Office of Administration (BVA).
  • Send the completed application form together with the required documents to the address of the Federal Office of Administration given in the application form.
  • You will then receive the requested information in writing by post

If the proof of identity is not supplied, a decision will be made with a rejection of the information.

Federal Ministry of the Interior and Community (BMI)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found