jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Show ground outcrop


If you want to carry out so-called earth explorations, you must report this to the competent authority. Outcrops are boreholes or other earthworks that extend so deep into the ground that they can affect the movement or quality of groundwater.

This can happen, for example, when soil layers are pierced that protect the underlying groundwater from contamination.

Each borehole provides data for the evaluation of the subsurface at the respective location. The notification enables the responsible authorities to get an impression of the drilling project and the drilling material produced on site. The authorities can carry out additional measurements and ensure the quality of the drilling results. This prevents costly wrong decisions in underground spatial planning.

You intend to drill into the ground.

Please check with the lower water authority of your district or your independent city. Many districts and independent cities offer you a corresponding form.

EUR 30.00 to 156.00 per borehole/excavation.

The notification must be made before you start work.

1 month before the start of work

Please contact the lower water authority of your district or independent city.

If you want to drill an earth or drill into the soil, you must indicate this beforehand.

To do this, submit the notification to the competent authority. Many districts and independent cities offer you a corresponding form.

The competent authority shall examine whether hazardous substances may enter the groundwater as a result of the excavation or borehole. In addition, it checks for what purpose you intend to drill the earth.

If necessary, you will receive a confirmation of notification after the examination. If it is a use of a body of water, you will be informed that the use requires a water permit.

Earth outcrops always represent geological investigations according to the Geological Data Act. You must therefore report this to the State Geological Survey (LAGB Saxony-Anhalt) no later than 2 weeks before the start of the event.

If the excavations are carried out in the form of boreholes that penetrate deeper than 100 meters into the ground, you must notify the mining authority (LAGB Saxony-Anhalt) of the start and cessation of drilling work at least 2 weeks in advance.

The display can be made online via the "Display and Information System for Drilling and Geothermal Energy".

Ministry of Science, Energy, Climate Protection and Environment

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found