jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an International Driver's Permit


For temporary stays in certain countries outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA), you will need an international driver's license to prove your existing driver's license. The international driver's license is only a translation of the national driver's license and is therefore only valid in conjunction with it.

  • You have your main residence in Germany or in a state that is not a party to the "Vienna Agreement".
  • You are in possession of an EU card driving licence.
  • You must be at least 18 years old.
  • Identity card or passport, with registration certificate if applicable
  • valid driver's license
  • an up-to-date biometric-compatible photograph (45 x 35 mm, portrait format, frontal view)

There is no deadline. Please apply for your international driver's license well in advance of your stay abroad.

Please contact the competent driving licence authority of your district or independent city. Your personal appearance is required to apply.

Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Ordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-4509
03941 5970-4160
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible