jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a permit to trade in arms


Permission to trade in firearms or ammunition on a commercial or independent basis within the framework of an economic enterprise must be applied for at the weapons authority responsible for the place of business. It may be limited to certain types of firearms and ammunition. The arms trade may also include lending, auctioning, renting, pledging, storing or transporting.

Permission is only granted to a natural person (sole proprietorship). In the case of legal entities, the responsible managing director or the individual personally liable partners each requires permission.

If the arms trade is to be operated by a deputy or a person is entrusted with the management of a branch or a dependent branch, then a proxy permit must be applied for for them.

The permit expires if the activity has not been started within one year of the granting of the permit or has not been carried out for one year. The time limits may be extended for specific reasons.

  • You are at least 18 years old.
  • They have the required reliability.
    Above all, the required reliability presupposes that you do not have a criminal record.
  • You have the personal suitability.
    For example, those persons who have reasonable grounds to suspect that they are incapacitated, dependent on alcohol or mentally ill do not have the required personal aptitude.
  • You have the necessary expertise.
    You can obtain the necessary proof of expertise in the most important gun and fire regulations, the type, construction and handling of common firearms and ammunition through an examination. The specialist knowledge is considered to exist if you meet the requirements for the registration of a gunsmith's business in the craft register.
  • They prove the need for the issuance of an arms trade permit.
  • You would like to carry out the arms trade commercially or independently within the framework of an economic enterprise.

Deputies must meet the same requirements as you.

  • Identity card or passport
  • Proof of expertise (for persons who manage the business, a branch or a dependent branch themselves)
  • Business registration
  • Non-EU citizens: a residence permit that entitles them to pursue a self-employed activity
  • Proof of need for the issuance of the arms trade permit
  • Companies registered in the commercial register: Excerpt from the commercial register
  • Proof of the safe storage of weapons and ammunition by means of appropriate certificates or safety-related expert opinions

The permit is issued by the weapons authority of the districts and Dessau-Roßlau.

In Halle and Magdeburg, the respective police department is responsible.

You must apply for an arms trade permit in writing. The application must be submitted together with the necessary documents to the weapons authority responsible for the place of operation.

If you need a substitute during your absence, you must apply for a proxy permit for this person.

The personal interview of the applicant and the designated deputy is usually required.

Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Ordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-4509
03941 5970-4160
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible