jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Change your place of residence


If you move, you must register at your new place of residence.

For children up to the age of 16, the person in whose home the children move must make the registration. If necessary, the consent of the legal guardian is required.

  • Identity card or passport if the person subject to registration has reached the age of 16
  • Personal documents of the family members, which are reported together on a registration form
    • for children: children's passport or birth certificate

The registration office may require the submission of further documents that serve as proof of the information (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree).


If you do not comply with your obligation to re-register or do not do so in time, you are committing an administrative offence that can be punished with a fine.

Please contact the registration office responsible for your place of residence, usually the residents' registration office.

To register, you must fill out and sign the officially required registration form. You must hand it in personally or instruct another suitable person to hand it in.

Depending on the offer of the municipality, you may not have to fill out the registration form and receive the data directly if you appear in person at the competent authority. You must then confirm the correctness of the data by signature on a printout.

Family members and members of a civil partnership should use a registration form together if they move from a shared apartment to a new shared apartment on the same day.

Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation of registration.

If the competent authority of your new place of residence has opened Internet access for registration, you can also transmit the required information using a qualified electronic signature via this access.

You will not be able to use this service if you

  • move from abroad or
  • use a pseudonym in your electronic signature instead of your name.

In these cases, you will need to log in as described above.

In order to participate in an election in the municipality, you must reside in the municipality for at least three months and be eligible to vote. If you register with a municipality with your main residence, you will automatically be entered in the electoral roll at the next upcoming election or vote. Special features apply to the European elections for foreign EU citizens.

no professional release

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Nicolaiplatz 1
38855 Wernigerode, Stadt
+49 3943 654-339
Further Authorities
Stadt Wernigerode - 32.4 Bürgerinfo
Nicolaiplatz 1
38855 Wernigerode, Stadt
03943 654-330 bis 337
03943 654-399