jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a certificate of completion


If you establish a special ownership of an apartment or non-residential premises (e.g. commercial) or a parking space, you need a certificate of seclusion. You will also need this if you wish to assert the right to permanently occupy a certain apartment in the building (permanent right of residence).

The certificate of completion shall prove that:

  • a dwelling is structurally sufficiently closed off from other dwellings, or
  • rooms used for residential purposes (partial ownership) are closed off from other rooms.

Special ownership can also be established on parking spaces as well as on parts of the property outside the building, such as terraces or garden areas. The special property must be clearly determined by dimensions in the construction drawing / distribution plan.

The certificate of completion will be issued by the responsible building authority after your documents have been checked.

  • You must prove that you are either the owner or the leaseholder of the apartments for which a certificate of seclusion is requested. Alternatively, you must credibly demonstrate your legitimate interest (e.g. acquirer).
  • Special property is completed if
    • it is structurally separated from other people's dwellings or rooms, for example by walls and ceilings, and
    • has its own lockable access directly from the outside, from a staircase or an anteroom; access may not lead via another special property or via a neighbouring property without security in rem.
  • A self-contained dwelling or self-contained, non-residential rooms may include additional lockable rooms outside the respective closure.
  • Parking spaces as well as parts of the property outside the building (such as terraces and garden areas), in which special ownership is also to be established, must be clearly determined by means of dimensions in the construction drawing or in the distribution plan.
  • Application for the issuance of a certificate of completion,
  • Construction drawing / layout plan,
    • In the case of a written application, the construction drawing must be enclosed in duplicate, legible and to scale and must not exceed DIN A3 format.
    • In the case of an electronic application, the construction drawing must be submitted as an electronic document that can be printed in DIN A3 format.
    • In the case of existing buildings, the construction drawing must be an as-built drawing.
  • Proof of ownership (current excerpt from the land register or purchase contract, if applicable, current excerpt from the commercial register),
  • Current excerpt from the official property map
  • Not specified

Contact the building regulations office of your district or independent city.

  • Forms/online services available: No
  • Written form required: depending on state law
  • Informal application possible: Yes
  • Personal appearance required: No
  • You fill out the application and submit it to the relevant building authority along with the required documents.
  • The building authority will review your application and the documents.
  • If all the requirements are met, the building authority will issue you with a certificate of completion together with a copy of the construction drawing, also known as a distribution plan.

Ministry of the Interior, Building and Digitization Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Bauordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-5528
03941 5970-5549
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible