jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for support to return to work


You can claim benefits for participation in working life if you have health problems that prevent you from practicing your profession. You can

  • receive measures or aids that enable you to resume or continue to practice your profession, or
  • Benefits to change your profession

take advantage of.

The support you receive depends on your case. It is important that the measure helps you to practice your profession or another profession.

You can get the following support for practicing your profession:

  • Motor vehicle assistance
    You will receive subsidies for the purchase of a car and/or for the accessibility of your car:
    • When you buy a car, you will receive a subsidy of up to EUR 9,500.
    • Costs for the conversion of an existing car to make it accessible to the disabled are completely covered.
  • Assumption of costs for travel to and from an educational measure
  • Assumption of costs for work assistance
    Pension insurance covers the costs of a person who will help you carry out your profession. The costs are covered for a maximum of 3 years. If you have further needs after that, the Integration Office will finance the work assistance.
  • Assumption of costs for aids
    • Costs that you need to carry out your profession and/or to get to work
    • Costs of participating in a measure that contributes to professional participation
    • Costs for technical work aids such as screen readers or software

If you are no longer able to practice your profession, you can receive support for taking up activities:

  • Start-up grant
    If you want to start a business, you will receive a subsidy for this. Your self-employed work must fit your clinical picture and provide you with an income.
  • Services in a recognized workshop for disabled people (WfbM)
    An activity in a WfbM can be considered if the general labour market is closed to you due to the severity of your disability and you can only carry out an appropriate activity in the protected framework of a WfbM.
  • Benefits for professional adaptation, retraining, training, further training or vocational preparation
    If you need support in the form of accompanying assistance – such as medical, psychological or social care – this will be taken into account when selecting the facility.

You cannot receive a benefit for participation in working life if you

  • are entitled to a similar benefit from another rehabilitation provider – such as accident insurance – due to an accident at work, an occupational disease or an injury caused by third parties.
  • are civil servants, soldiers, judges. Please contact your local integration office to find out from whom you can receive benefits.
  • are already in receipt or have applied for an old-age pension amounting to at least two-thirds of the full pension.
  • have permanently retired from working life and receive, for example, a company pension benefit until the start of retirement.
  • are in pre-trial detention or imprisonment.

You can receive benefits for participation in working life from the pension insurance if you

  • have been insured in the statutory pension insurance scheme for at least 15 years (so-called "waiting period of 15 years") or
  • receive a pension due to reduced earning capacity, or
  • receive a large widow's or widower's pension due to reduced earning capacity, or
  • without these benefits, a pension due to reduced earning capacity would have to be paid by the pension insurance scheme, or
  • have received a medical rehabilitation benefit from the pension insurance immediately before, which alone is not sufficient for the desired rehabilitation success.
  • Application for participation benefits for insured persons – Rehabilitation application
  • You should inquire in advance whether your pension insurance institution requires a report or a medical report from your pension insurance institution.

There are no costs for you.

You do not have to observe any deadlines and can apply for rehabilitation at any time.

It takes up to 1 month to process.

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: Yes

You can submit your application online, in person or in writing.

Online application:

  • On the website of the German Pension Insurance (DRV) under "Online services" you will find detailed information on the procedure.
  • If you follow the "Submit an application" link, you will be guided through the next steps and can select the desired application.
  • Alternatively, you can use the online services with registration. For example, you can immediately see which insurance periods have already been recorded. In addition, you save time and do not have to re-enter data that you already know.
  • Fill out the application completely and upload the required documents.
  • Submit your application online.
  • You will receive a confirmation of sending.
  • The responsible pension insurance institution will examine your application.
  • You will receive a notification of your application.

Personal application:

  • Gather the necessary documents for your application and make an appointment with the DRV.
  • When making an appointment online, your personal data and, if possible, your insurance number are required.
  • You can select a desired counselling centre and your desired date. Depending on the availability of free appointments, you will receive a proposal for a binding consultation appointment.
  • In your personal interview, your application will be recorded electronically and forwarded online to the responsible pension insurance institution.
  • The responsible pension insurance institution will examine your application.
  • You will receive a notification of your application.

Written application:

  • Go to the DRV website.
  • Download the desired application form.
  • You can also pick up the form in person at the information and advice centres.
  • Fill out the application form, sign it and attach the required documents.
  • Send all documents
    • by post to your pension insurance institution or
    • hand them in at one of the local counselling centres.
  • The responsible pension insurance institution will examine your application.
  • You will receive a notification of your application.

Your application can also be made for you by a person you trust. To do this, please submit a power of attorney to the pension insurance company. As long as the power of attorney is valid, the pension insurance is only addressed to the person authorized by you.

If you give your consent to electronic communication, all correspondence can be done online. Either use the electronic mailbox under the online services with registration or De-Mail.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found