jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a change of school district


Your child must attend the school in whose school district you live in order to complete compulsory schooling. In exceptional cases, however, it is possible that another school may also be attended. This must be requested.

Attending school in the school district is an unreasonable hardship.

An informal application and copies of documents substantiating the particular hardship.

None, applications for change of school and schooling outside the school district are possible at any time.

As this is a case-by-case assessment, there is no fixed duration of proceedings.

Please contact the State Education Office.

None, an informal written or electronically signed application is sufficient.

You apply for admission to a school outside your own school district.

  • The State Education Office listens to you and your child.
  • There must be an important reason for a change of school district.
  • The decision takes into account the personal reasons of the child and the parents as well as the exceptional situation at hand.
  • The State Education Office decides on the application and communicates its decision.

Please explain in detail and comprehensibly why attending the school in their school district You live is an unreasonable hardship and attach documents (copy) that prove this.

Ministry of Education of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Turmschanzenstraße 32
39114 Magdeburg, Landeshauptstadt
0391 56701