jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for transitional allowance for people with disabilities


They receive transitional allowance as a subsistence benefit, usually in connection with a special benefit for participation in working life, for example for participation in further training in a vocational rehabilitation facility.

Your previous gross salary is usually the basis for the calculation.

The amount of your transitional allowance also depends on your personal situation, for example

  • whether you have a child or a stepchild taken into your household, or
  • whether your spouse/partner living with you in the same household is unable to work because he or she is caring for you or needs care himself.

Even if you work part-time, you will receive the transitional allowance in full.

You can receive the transitional allowance for the entire duration of your measure.

If you are no longer able to participate in the measure for health reasons alone, but are likely to participate again, the transitional allowance will continue to be paid for up to 6 weeks, but no later than the scheduled end of the measure.

You are only entitled to transitional allowance for absences for reasons other than health if the Employment Agency recognises an important reason for the interruption of participation. Important reasons include, for example:

  • Marriage
  • Birth of a child
  • Change of residence
  • Attending a court hearing.

The transitional allowance is paid monthly in arrears as a subsidy.

As a rule, you are entitled to transitional allowance if the following conditions apply to you:

  • They have a disability and therefore need special support for their integration into working life. The Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider.
  • You will participate in one of the following activities:
    • Vocational training
    • vocational preparation, including the need for basic training,
    • individual in-company training within the framework of "Supported Employment",
    • measure in the entry procedure or vocational training area of a workshop for disabled people or with another service provider, or
    • professional development.
  • For the period of the last 3 years (pre-employment period), one of the following conditions applies to you:
    • They were covered by social security for at least 12 months.
    • You are entitled to unemployment benefit under SGB III and are currently applying for it.
    • They are entitled to unemployment benefits under the Soldiers' Pension Act (SVG).

There are the following exceptions:

  • If you are a returnee with disabilities, you do not have to limit the pre-employment period to 3 years.
  • The conditions of the pre-employment period can be waived altogether if you have completed your employment within the last year before the start of the measure.
    • have obtained a training qualification at a vocational school or other vocational training institution and this training corresponds to vocational training in a recognised training occupation, or
    • have obtained an examination certificate which has been treated as equivalent to the certificate of completion of vocational training in a recognised training occupation.

When contacting your counsellor, please ask which documents you need in addition to the questionnaire for transitional allowance and participation costs.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

If you wish to apply for the transitional allowance in connection with a vocational integration measure, proceed as follows:

  • Make an appointment for a consultation with your employment agency.
  • In a personal meeting, you will discuss the possibilities for your professional integration with your advisor. Your advisor will work with you to check your requirements and determine the necessary measures and services.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms and evidence that you need to fill out and submit. You can also fill out the documents online and upload the required supporting documents.
  • You will then receive a notification.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found