jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply to the employment agency for work aids for people with disabilities in training and work


Individual job aids support people with disabilities in training or work. The employment agency coordinates the support with you as the employer for your company.

Examples of work aids are access ramps, sanitary facilities or conversions in the company. The costs of the work aids also include the necessary ancillary costs, for example planning costs, fees and expert costs. After receiving a subsidy, your company becomes the owner of the work aid.

Depending on the decision, the Employment Agency may cover all or part of the cost of the work aid for you.

Subsidies for work aids for people with disabilities are a matter of discretion; you do not have a legal right to them.

Under the following conditions, you as an employer can receive a subsidy from the Employment Agency for work aids in the company:

  • The work aid is necessary for the permanent participation of the person with disabilities in working life.
  • You do not have to bear the costs for the work aid yourself. In principle, you as the employer are responsible for providing a workplace suitable for the disabled for severely disabled persons and persons with equivalent disabilities.
  • Implementing the work aid would be unreasonable for you or would involve a disproportionate amount of effort.
  • The work aid is additionally required for a disability-friendly workplace or training place.
  • The person for whom the job aid is intended has a disability or is threatened with a disability.
  • The employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation agency for the person with a (threatening) disability. This applies mostly to people before initial vocational training and if no other rehabilitation agency (for example, employers' liability insurance association or German pension insurance) is responsible.
  • Application form
  • Cost estimate
  • Employment or training contract of the person with disabilities
  • Invoice (to be submitted after application)

You can find out which documents are required in your case on the application form.

Be sure to submit the application before you purchase the work aid, sign a purchase agreement, or begin the removal or remodeling work.

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you using the office finder.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: No

You can only apply for employment assistance for people with disabilities in training and employment in writing:

  • Contact your contact person in the Employer Service of the Employment Agency. If known, you can also contact the responsible contact person of the person with disabilities in question in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team of the Employment Agency.
  • Together, you can discuss which work aids are possible.
  • You will receive the application documents either by mail or in person. If you have any questions when filling out the applications, please contact your contact person.
  • Submit the documents with the required evidence to the Employment Agency.
  • The Employment Agency will check whether the person with disabilities can become the owner of the job aid so that he/she could take the job aid to the next workplace/employer.
    • In this case, the support for the work aid would be given to the person with disabilities and would be handled with him/her.
  • The employment agency checks the necessary scope of the work aids. It also checks whether an inspection of the workplace is necessary.
  • You will receive a preliminary written decision as to whether the requested assistance will be granted.
  • If the aid is approved, you purchase the work aids for your company and submit the invoice to the Employment Agency.
  • Finally, you will receive a notice of approval for the specific benefit.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found