jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a subsidy from the job centre for internship remuneration for young people who are to be prepared for in-company vocational training as part of an entry-level qualification


With the entry-level qualification, you can prepare young people who have already decided on a specific profession for an apprenticeship in your company. As part of a paid internship, they are introduced to the future training content and can demonstrate their skills.

For the internship allowance, you can apply for a monthly subsidy of up to EUR 262.00 plus a lump-sum share of the average total social security contribution.

In terms of content, the internship should be based on the future apprenticeship. In addition, you should strive to take on the intern in your company.

The following are eligible:

  • training applicants registered with the Employment Agency with limited placement prospects for individual reasons, who do not have a training place even after the nationwide post-placement campaigns,
  • training seekers who do not yet fully have the necessary training maturity, and
  • Learning disabilities and socially disadvantaged training seekers

This also applies to young persons of working age who are entitled to benefits and who receive benefits from the basic security for jobseekers from the job centre.

As a rule, funding begins at the earliest from 1.10 of each year. An early start of the measure from 1.8. is possible in principle.

  • The internship must:
    • last between 6 and 12 months.
    • be remunerated and covered by social security.
  • The trainee must belong to the eligible group of persons. This must be checked by the job center.
  • The intern must not have previously been employed by your company.
  • The entry-level qualification may not take place in the company of the spouse, life partner or parents.
  • In the case of compulsory vocational schooling, the trainee must take part in vocational school lessons and be registered in the corresponding subject class.
  • Contract for an entry-level qualification between the company and the young person

There is no deadline. You must apply for funding before the entry-level qualification begins. The applicant must be registered at the vocational school before the start of the internship, provided that vocational school is compulsory.

You can find the office responsible for you via the office finder on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

You must apply for the subsidy for the entry-level qualification in writing:

  • Determine the internship content, duration, remuneration and eligibility criteria for the participants and report the open offer to your chamber and your employment agency.
  • You will then receive information about a preliminary funding commitment.
  • If your prospective interns do not receive any benefits from the job centre, ask them to register with the Employment Agency. This is the only way to check whether you belong to the eligible group of people.
  • If the applicant belongs to the eligible group of persons, conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download the sample contract or ask your chamber.
  • Before the start of the internship, submit an application for a subsidy for the internship allowance to the employer service or the job center. Attach a copy of the EQ contract. If you have registered for eServices with the Employment Agency, you can also exchange all applications and proofs online with the Job Centre.
  • You then register the intern with the health insurance company and the employers' liability insurance association.
  • You will receive a written notification from the job centre as to whether the subsidy will be granted. If you have agreed to an electronic transmission of the notification in your online account, the notification will be made available to you online in your notification filing.
  • If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must register him or her at the vocational school before starting the internship and, ideally, in the appropriate specialist class.
  • If your intern needs support with the entry-level qualification, he or she should coordinate this with the job center and, if necessary, apply for these support services.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found