jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for funding for people with disabilities who want to complete an apprenticeship


If you need special help with vocational training due to physical, psychological, sensory or learning impairments, you can obtain a vocational qualification in a recognised training occupation with rehabilitation-specific training. This can also be a specialist practitioner training for people with disabilities. You will complete your training in accordance with the currently valid training regulations or training regulations and their training framework plans.

You can then complete your training either

  • in the company with the support of an educational institution (in-company training)
  • or directly in an educational institution
  • or in a vocational rehabilitation institution

If the Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.

The funding period covers the duration of training, usually 2 to 3 years. If you have to repeat exams and your training period is extended as a result, the funding will also be extended.

In-company training

If you complete in-company training, you and your training company can receive support. You will be supported to:

  • to get an in-company training place,
  • to successfully complete their training through needs-based socio-pedagogical and, in some cases, psychological support, and
  • to subsequently get employment on the labour market.

An educational institution accompanies you throughout the entire duration of your training with teaching, support and counselling services and helps you with problems in vocational school and company. Your training company also receives support services from your educational institution. You conclude the training contract with the company and receive a training allowance from the training company. In addition, you are entitled to transitional allowance or training allowance. However, your training allowance will be deducted from this. The cost of support from the educational institution is paid by the Employment Agency.

Off-the-job training

If it is not possible for you to train in the company, you can do the training at an educational institution or in a vocational rehabilitation institution that is equipped to meet the special needs of young people with disabilities (external training). Depending on the target group and equipment, the providers have their own training workshops, offices and companies with handicapped-accessible workplace design and provide you with pedagogical and partly psychological support. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer living and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health issues.

The aim is for you to complete as much practical training as possible in a cooperation company in your area that is authorised to provide training. At the same time, you will usually attend the local vocational school. You conclude the training contract with your educational institution. This accompanies you throughout the entire duration of your training with teaching, support and counselling services, coordinates the course of your training and helps you with problems in the vocational school and company.

You determine the training objective in consultation with your advisor at the Employment Agency. At the end of the training period, you will take your exam before the competent chamber. Your educational institution or vocational rehabilitation institution will prepare you for this and will also help you cope with learning stress and exam anxiety. You will not receive a training allowance during your training. However, you are entitled to either transitional allowance or training allowance and you are covered by social insurance. The entire training costs are paid by the Employment Agency.

Whether you can do rehabilitation-specific training – company-supported or off-site – depends, among other things, on:

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances of successfully completing your training,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in your professional life,
  • which activities you would like to carry out and

how the training and labour market is currently developing.

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • You have completed compulsory schooling, but have not completed vocational training. A second vocational training can be funded if the completion of the second vocational training is required for your permanent professional integration.
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are significantly reduced, not only temporarily, due to the nature or severity of your disabilities.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disabilities, the general statutory benefits are not sufficient to promote your participation in working life.
  • They are willing to be professionally trained or otherwise integrated into the profession.
  • You can be expected to achieve the completion of the training.

When contacting your advisor, please ask what documents you need.

Processing usually takes several weeks. Once the service has been approved, the measure should begin as soon as possible in consultation with the provider.

Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes

In order for you to be able to receive rehabilitation-specific training measures, you must contact your employment agency:

  • To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team of your Employment Agency.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • During the consultation, it will be clarified whether the rehabilitation-specific training is suitable for you.
  • If your counsellor determines that rehabilitation-specific training is an option for you, you will be notified immediately. Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill out the documents online.
  • You will receive a written notification as soon as a place is available.
  • The Employment Agency will register you with the educational institution or the institution of vocational rehabilitation.
  • You conclude a training contract with a company or, in the case of external training, with an educational institution or vocational rehabilitation institution and start your training.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found