jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a civil partnership certificate for a civil partnership concluded abroad


Upon request, the registry office will issue you with documents and certified printouts from the civil partnership register. If your civil partnership was concluded abroad, this civil status must have been re-certified once by the registry office in Germany.

For a civil partnership certificate, you, your life partner as well as your direct ancestors and descendants can submit an application to the registry office. Under certain conditions and on request, other persons will also receive your civil partnership certificate.

The civil partnership certificate proves the establishment of a civil partnership and contains the following information:

  • Place and date of establishment of the partnership
  • First and last names at the time of justification
  • Place and day of birth of both persons
  • Gender of life partners
  • Information on religious affiliation

What happens if your personal status data or that of the other person changes, for example due to a name change or a dissolution of the civil partnership?

Then the responsible registry office supplements the civil partnership entry with a follow-up notarization. Upon request, it will then issue you with a new civil partnership certificate.

  • The civil partnership concluded abroad must have been re-certified in Germany and recorded in the civil status register.
  • Only you as a life partner can submit the application yourself.
  • A direct ancestor or descendant can only submit the application if both partners have already died.

as a life partner:

  • Proof of identity:
    • Identity card
    • Passport or
    • appropriate identification document.

as a direct ancestor or descendant:

  • Proof of identity:
    • Identity card
    • Passport or
    • appropriate identification document.
  • Proof of eligibility to apply

as another person:

  • Proof of identity
    • Identity card
    • Passport or
    • appropriate identification document.
  • Proof of legal interest or legitimate interest

You do not have to meet any deadlines.

The processing of the application usually takes 2 to 10 days.

You can apply for a court decision at the district court responsible for the registry office.

Please contact the registry office.

Online procedure possible:
Written form required:
Personal appearance required:

If you are entitled to apply for a civil partnership certificate or a certified printout from the register, you can submit the application in writing and electronically to the registry office that has subsequently certified the civil partnership:

The registry office will check the application and eligibility and then issue you with the certificate or certified printout from the register.

Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found