jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for school transport relief from costs


If your child attends a school in Saxony-Anhalt that is not within walking distance, the district or independent city offers a transport option. In most cases, the schools are integrated into the bus network or there is a school bus.

If transportation is not organized by the county or county-level city, you can apply for relief for travel expenses between your main residence and the nearest school.
Relief means that you will be reimbursed for the costs of school transport. This only applies up to a certain maximum amount. The maximum amount is set by the county or city. You have to pay your own contribution of 100 euros for school transport.

Pupils in dual training are not entitled to relief (training contract with a company, receipt of a training allowance).

If you attend a school outside of Magdeburg, you are entitled to the most expensive season ticket for the Magdeburg fare zone. You will also have to pay your own contribution for this.

In certain cases, you are also entitled to a reduction in transport costs if the school you attend is not the nearest school.

  • Your child lives or is living in your child. You live in Saxony-Anhalt
  • and your child leaves or They go to school in Saxony-Anhalt.
  • The district or the independent city does not offer a school bus or school transport.
  • Your child is going to the following school:
    • Grammar school grades 11 and 12
    • Grades 11-13 of comprehensive schools and independent Waldorf schools
    • Vocational schools
    • Schools
    • Technical colleges
    • Vocational high schools

You can find out which documents you need to submit from your district or independent city.

As a rule, it is necessary to present the original tickets.

You can also find the necessary applications at the competent authority.

If the travel expenses for the previous school year are to be reimbursed, please submit the application by 30/09 of each year.

An action can be filed with the competent administrative court against the decisions of the districts or independent cities.

Please contact the district or independent city of your place of residence.

Forms/online services available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No

The necessary forms are issued by the districts or the independent cities via the schools or made available on the Internet.

  • You apply to your district or the independent city for relief from the transport costs for your child or, if you are already of legal age, for yourself.
  • The competent authority will check whether you can meet the requirements and be relieved of travel expenses.
  • If this is the case, you will be relieved of the costs of school transport minus a personal contribution of 100 euros per school year.

In certain cases, you may be entitled to reimbursement of travel expenses. You do not have to pay a deductible for the refund.

You will be reimbursed in the following cases:

  • The district or city does not offer school transport (e.g. by school bus)
  • Attendance at a general education school up to the 10th grade or
  • Attendance at a special school or
  • participation in the school-based basic vocational training year or in the vocational preparation year and,
  • exceeding the minimum distance, or
  • Regardless of a minimum distance, in the presence of a disability.

In certain cases, there is also a right to reimbursement of transport costs if the school attended is not the nearest school.

Ministry of Education

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found