jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for derogations, exemptions and exemptions from building law requirements for non-procedural construction projects


You must comply with the regulations, such as the building code, when realizing your construction project. However, if your project deviates from this, you will need to submit an application:

This applies to:

  • deviations from building code requirements,
  • exemptions or exemptions from building planning determinations, and
  • Exceptions to the regulations of the Building Use Ordinance.

This also applies if your project is a non-procedural construction project that is not subject to the building permit requirement or the permit exemption.

Please give reasons for your request.         

Application (digital or written)

The fees are as follows:

  • for the admission of a derogation or exemption, €50 to €5,000;
  • for the admission of an exemption from €50 to €500.

They depend on the following factors:

  • Effort required to check the deviation
  • Expected costs of construction

Please contact the responsible lower building supervisory authority.

  • Forms/online services available: yes
  • Written form required: no
  • Informal application possible: no
  • Personal appearance required: no
  • You can apply for a deviation, exception or exemption from building regulations digitally or in writing.
  • If you submit a written application, proceed as follows:
    • Make the request and indicate in it which derogation, exception or exemption you would like to achieve.
  • Submit the application to the competent lower building supervisory authority.
  • If necessary, they will ask you to pay a fee in advance.
  • Make the advance payment.
  • The lower building supervisory authority will examine your application and issue a notice and a fee notice.
  • Pay the fees.

You may not start the construction work until a decision has been made on your application for derogation, exception or exemption. This also applies to non-procedural construction projects.

Ministry of Infrastructure and Digital Affairs of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

Ministry of Infrastructure and Digital Affairs of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found