jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a child's passport extension


You can have your child's passport renewed and changed before it expires. In addition to the photograph, information on the size and, if necessary, the eye color will also be corrected.

The legal guardians (usually the parents) are entitled to apply

  • Identity card or passport of the guardians (usually the parents)
  • current photo in the prescribed size and texture
  • Birth certificate of the child
  • if applicable, declaration of consent of the other guardian or declaration of custody or negative certificate from the responsible youth welfare office

In case of doubt, the passport authority may request further documents, please inquire about this by phone or on the Internet at your city or municipal administration.

  • Extension or modification of a children's passport: EUR 6.00

Note: If there is need, a fee waiver is possible under certain conditions, please ask your competent passport authority.

The responsibility lies with the municipality and the city in which the residence is.

As a custodian, you apply for the renewal of the children's passport in person at the passport authority ("Competent Authority"); Your child must be present.


  • 1 year, maximum up to the age of 12
  • multiple extensions of 1 year each up to a maximum of 12 years of age

For children under the age of 12, a six-year-old biometric passport can also be applied for. In children under the age of six, no fingerprint is recorded in the electronic storage medium.

Saxon State Ministry of the Interior

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found