jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Create a declaration of consent for minors when travelling without guardians


If a child undertakes a trip abroad unaccompanied by his or her parents or a parent, he or she should, in addition to:
the required identification documents, an informal declaration of consent. From this
must show that the person with custody consent to the trip abroad.

The consent form should include the following information:

  • personal details of the child,
  • Personal details and accessibility of the person entitled to custody,
  • Itinerary and
  • where applicable, the personal details of the adult accompanying person(s).

In case of a name deviation, the child should also have a copy

  • his birth certificate and
  • the identity card data page of the person entitled to custody

with you.

Depending on the destination country,

  • signatures of the declaration of consent must be certified,
  • the declaration of consent must be translated into the language of the respective target country,
  • a translated judicial custody decision is required.

You can have the translations carried out in a translation agency of your choice.

Note: Some countries do not allow children who are only travelling with one parent with custody to enter the country without the consent of the other parent with custody.

Special features of individual destination countries can also be found in the travel and safety information of the foreign countries
Office. For more information on the respective regulations of the destination country, you can also contact the
contact the competent foreign representation in the Federal Republic of Germany.

Note: Depending on the destination, costs for required
Certifications and/or translations are required.

Foreign Office
Citizen Service
11013 Berlin, Germany

Phone: 030 1817 2000
Fax: 030 1817 51000
E-mail: buergerservice@diplo.de

Service hours:
Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Forms: informal declaration of consent

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance required: no

You can write the declaration of consent for minors informally. You do not have to submit an application.

Note: If necessary, please note the foreigners' or
Entry laws of your respective destination.

Federal Foreign Office (AA)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found