jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

European election Voters' register of Germans living abroad


If you live abroad as a German or German, you can still take part in the European elections.
To do so, you must register on request in the voters' register.

As a German or German abroad, you can register in the
Register of voters if you

  • are Germans or Germans within the meaning of Article 116 paragraph 1 of the Basic Law,
  • are at least 18 years old on election day
  • are not excluded from the right to vote
  • have held or otherwise habitually reside in a Member State of the European Union for at least 3 months on election day, or
  • after reaching the age of 14, have held an apartment in the Federal Republic of Germany for at least three months without interruption or have otherwise habitually resided and this residence was not more than 25 years ago, or
  • for other reasons, you have personally and directly acquired familiarity with the political situation in the Federal Republic of Germany and are affected by them,
  • in all cases, have submitted a written application in accordance with Annex 2 to the European Election Regulations by the 21st day before the election, which includes a corresponding declaration on oath instead of also to the effect that you do not vote in any other Member State or in any other German municipality

Application pursuant to Annex 2 to the European Election Regulations

Application deadline: until the 21st day before the election

Municipality in Germany in which you were last registered before moving abroad; if you were never registered in Germany, the district office Berlin Mitte

Annex 2 to the European Election Regulations

The forms are also available from diplomatic and consular missions abroad.

You can register as a German abroad or a German abroad
enter the voters' register for the European elections as follows

  • You submit an application in accordance with Annex 2 of the European Election Regulations to the last municipality in which you had an apartment or otherwise habitually resided before moving abroad.
  • If you have never lived in Germany, the application must be submitted to the district office Berlin Mitte.
  • The authority decides on the application and at the same time sends postal voting documents or a negative decision

Ministry of the Interior of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found