jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for monument funding


If you - or your tenant - intend to carry out alterations to your listed building, or if the listed building needs to be removed for compelling reasons, please contact your local heritage protection authority in good time. They will tell you what steps you need to take to obtain the necessary approval. As a rule, this will not only save you time and money, but also unnecessary trouble, as early discussions with the relevant authorities usually make it possible to find a sensible solution that takes all interests into account.

If a building permit is required for the measure you intend to carry out, the examination under monument law is also carried out as part of the building permit procedure.

Please clarify which documents you need to enclose with the application in a meeting with the monument protection authority responsible for you.

The application for approval must be submitted in writing to the relevant monument protection authority. As a rule, the lower monument protection authorities of the independent towns and districts are responsible for monument protection.

Only if the demolition of a listed building is unavoidable must a separate application for approval be submitted to the relevant higher monument protection authority, the State Administration Office/Monument Protection Department, before the building application is submitted. Upon application, this authority also grants subsidies for the preservation of cultural monuments.

Cultural monuments within the meaning of the Monument Protection Act are:

  • Monuments,
  • monument areas,
  • archaeological cultural monuments,
  • archaeological surface monuments,
  • movable cultural monuments
  • small monuments.

You can receive financial support for the preservation and restoration of your monument in the form of tax relief on the one hand and public subsidies on the other.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found