jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Submit documents for the permit exemption for the change of use of a facility to the municipality


Before you can change the use of a project that does not require planning permission, you need an exemption from planning permission. This means that you do not need planning permission, but must submit verifiable documents to the local authority (e.g. for a detached house in a B-plan area).

In the case of a change of use, you do not make any structural changes (e.g. conversion of a residential building into office space).

  • Building project complies with public law regulations

You do not need permission for your building project if

  • it is located in a development area whose development plan has been approved,
  • it does not contradict the provisions of the development plan,
  • the development is secured and
  • the municipality does not request a simplified building permit procedure within the statutory period or apply for a temporary prohibition.

If you want exceptions and exemptions from the provisions of the development plan, you must apply for these separately before submitting the permit exemption.

  • Form for approval exemption procedure (digital or written)
  • Extract from the official real estate register
  • Site plan
  • Construction drawings
  • Building description
  • Calculation of the permitted, existing and planned extent of building use

Fees are charged according to the statutes of the respective municipality.

There are no deadlines.

Processing Time: 1 Month
Exception: The municipality informs you within the 1-month period that the simplified building permit procedure is to be carried out or declares that a provisional prohibition has been applied for.

You can submit an exemption from approval for the change of use of a facility electronically via the online service or in paper form using the form.

Proceed as follows when using the form:

  • Complete the form.
  • Add the required building documents.
  • Submit the documents to the responsible municipality.
  • If documents are missing or there are other ambiguities, you will be asked to complete or rectify them.
  • In this case, submit the missing or amended documents and/or the clarification.
  • The responsible municipality will check your submission.
  • You may start construction if:
    • you do not receive any feedback from the local authority to be approved within one month
    • or the municipality declares in writing beforehand that no approval procedure is to be carried out it will not apply for a prohibition. be dealt with.
  • If the municipality decides that a simplified building permit procedure should be carried out, your documents will be returned to you.
  • When submitting the documents, you can specify that your building documents should in this case be forwarded to the responsible building supervisory authority and treated as a building application.
  • You may receive a notification of fees.
  • Pay the fees.

If you have a permit exemption, you must submit a notice of commencement of construction work to the lower building supervisory authority at least one week before the start of construction work.

Ministry of Infrastructure and Digital Affairs of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

Ministry of Infrastructure and Digital Affairs of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found