jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for permission to temporarily practice the veterinary profession


If you have completed training as a veterinarian, but do not have a license to practice, and wish to practice the veterinary profession only temporarily, you need a permit.

The permit entitles you to use the professional title "veterinarian".

The permit can be limited to certain activities and employment positions. It may be granted or extended only revocably and only up to a total duration of the veterinary activity of at most four years. Further issuance or extension of the permit is possible.

  • Application for permission to temporarily practice the veterinary profession
  • Certified copies of the certificate/diploma of the completed veterinary examination (proof of training)
  • Proof of citizenship (certified copy of identity card/ passport/ proof of identity)
  • If applicable, certified proof of asylum recognition, permission according to the Residence Act, or possession of a naturalization certificate
  • Signed curriculum vitae in tabular form : current, concise and with a detailed, chronologically complete description of the educational and professional background
  • Certificate of the future employer about the employment opportunity and justification (e.g. employment contract, needs assessment)
  • Proof of exemption from criminal prosecution
  • Police clearance certificate or corresponding certificate from home country
  • Medical health certificate stating that you are fit to practice as a veterinarian (no official medical certificate required)

Notice: If the documents are not available in German, they must first be officially translated.

The issuance of the provisional professional license of the veterinary profession is subject to a fee. The fees are determined according to the applicable state administrative cost regulations.

The temporary permit is valid for a maximum of 4 years.

An extension is possible. You can find out which requirements must be met for this from the responsible office. The extension is possible for a maximum of 3 years.

A permit may be granted or extended by way of exception if

  • it is in the interest of veterinary care and
  • you are incontestably recognized as a person entitled to asylum.
  • you are in possession of a settlement permit (§ 23 paragraph 2 Residence Act) or
  • are in possession of a confirmation of naturalization.

Responsible for the state of Saxony-Anhalt is theMinistry of Economics, Science and Digitalization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt.

Ministry for the Environment, Agriculture and Energy of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found