jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for permission to use the job title of medical-technical laboratory assistant


The job title "medical-technical laboratory assistant", is regulated in Germany.

This means that in order to work in Germany as a medical-technical laboratory assistant in Germany, you need a state permit. With this permit, you can use the job title and work in the profession. You must apply for it.

As with all medical-technical professions, the professional license is issued after you have passed a state examination, provided you have the necessary health and personal aptitude (reliability).

Areas of activity include Hospitals, medical practices

The license is issued if you

  • have passed the state examination as a medical-technical laboratory assistant following training,
  • have not been guilty of any conduct that makes you unreliable to practice the profession,
  • are medically fit to practise the profession,
  • have the knowledge of the German language required for the exercise of the profession.

Note: Depends on the respective administrative fee schedule of the state or the fee statutes of the authorities responsible under state law.

Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found