jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an EU certificate in accordance with the Professional Recognition Directive


If you wish to provide certain services in another EU member country or wish to set up a permanent business there, some member states will require you to present a document referred to as an 'EU certificate'. This certificate serves as evidence that you regularly provide this service in Germany on a legitimate basis. If you or your company is a member of a chamber (e.g., the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts, or in German), this is the responsible chamber in your case. If not, please contact your Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

To prove that you provide your services permanently and lawfully, you must provide information on the specific activities you carry out and their duration. Apart from a description of your business activities, you must indicate whether you work on a self-employed basis, as the manager of a company or the manager of a company branch, in a management position or as an employee.

  • Practice of the profession in the last two years
  • Information on the nature of professional activities and evidence thereof
  • Copy of your identity card
  • Evidence of nature and duration of specific professional experience
  • Evidence of professional training and education (certificates, diplomas)
  • Additionall, as a:
      • Self-employed businessperson: trade registration ()
      • Manager of a company or of a company branch office – as evidence: commercial register entry
      • Employees in managerial positions: employment contract, employer references
      • Non-management employees: employment contract, employer references

Fees apply. Your local Chamber of Commerce and Industry or Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts will provide the details.

  • Usually 2 to 4 weeks

Contact the relevant chamber.

These are, for example:

  • Chamber of Commerce and Industry
  • Chamber of handicrafts
  • Chamber of Engineers
  • Chamber of Architects
  • Chamber of Pharmacists
  • Chamber of Tax Advisors
  • Chamber
  • Forms: Form for issuance of EU certificate provided by the competent authority
  • Online procedure: No
  • Written form requirement as per German Civil Code Art.126: No

Appearance in person required: No

You can apply to the competent authority in writing for your EU certificate.

  • You must submit the required supporting documents along with your application.
  • Once the competent authority has reviewed your documents, the EU certificate will be issued and sent to you by post along with an invoice

You can use the EU certificate for your application in the EU country as soon as you have received it.

Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found