jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Replace workshop card due to loss


The workshop card is a tachograph card for

  • approved manufacturers of tachographs,
  • vehicle manufacturers,
  • workshops and
  • their responsible specialists such as fitters or technicians.

Your responsible specialists use the workshop card to install, check and calibrate digital tachographs and to download their data.

If your workshop card has been lost, you can apply for a replacement card from the responsible office as an entrepreneur or as an authorized representative. To do so, you must submit a current certificate of approval or authorization of the workshop to test tachographs. This certificate must not be older than 3 years.

Your replacement workshop card remains valid until the same date as the lost original card - if this would have been valid for more than 6 months. The period of validity does not start again from the beginning.

However, if the remaining term of the card is less than 6 months, you will receive a new card. It will then be valid again for one year.

When the replacement card is issued, your previous card loses its validity. If you do find the workshop card again, you must return it to the responsible office or the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA). You may not continue to use it.

When applying to replace a workshop card due to loss, you as a company must provide proof that the authorized specialist is still employed by you and has been trained in accordance with the tachograph card and recording equipment training guidelines. The training certificate must not be older than 3 years.

The workshop card is PIN-protected. The personal PIN number is sent to the skilled worker's home address. Skilled workers may only have one workshop card per employment relationship and may only use it there. The workshop card is the property of the company.

  • Your company is
    • an officially recognized manufacturer of tachographs,
    • a vehicle workshop commissioned by the manufacturer or
    • an approved and recognized vehicle workshop.
  • The following are eligible to apply
    • You as the entrepreneur or an authorized representative
    • authorized representative or authorized person of the company.
  • Application for the issue of a workshop replacement card due to loss
  • documentary evidence of the name, address and registered office of the workshop, tachograph manufacturer or vehicle manufacturer
  • Proof of identity of the entrepreneur or the person or persons authorized to represent them by law, articles of association or partnership agreement
  • Proof of identity and notification of the native language of the specialist for whom the workshop card is requested
  • Proof of training of the responsible specialist in accordance with the tachograph recording equipment training guidelines
    • not older than 3 years
  • Proof of employment of the responsible specialist
  • Proof of recognition or commissioning of the workshop (in accordance with Section 57b of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations)
    • not older than 3 years
  • Written declaration of loss
  • at the request of the competent authority, the holder of the workshop card must, if necessary, provide an affidavit stating that the workshop card cannot be returned and for what reasons

Contact the TÜV or Dekra.

Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found