jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for entry in the medical register


If you want to pursue a contract medical or contractual therapeutic activity in outpatient care in Germany, you must register with the medical register.

The associations of statutory health insurance physicians keep a medical register for each admission district. Responsible for the medical register entry is always the KV, in whose area of responsibility your place of residence is located (residence principle). Registration in the medical register is a basic prerequisite for admission or employment for the contractual medical / psychotherapeutic activity.

You must:

  • be licensed as a doctor and
  • provide proof of completion of specialist training or training acquired in another EU Member State in accordance with Directive 2005/36 EC.

To register as a psychological psychotherapist, you must:

  • be licensed as a psychological psychotherapist and
  • Provide proof of qualification in the guideline procedure of psychotherapy
  • Birth certificate
  • Documents proving a possible name change or the right to use a double name (for example, marriage certificate)
  • Certificate of approbation
  • if applicable, certificate of graduation
  • Certificate of specialist recognition or qualification in the guideline procedure of psychotherapy
  • Proofs/certificates of previous medical/psychotherapeutic activity
  • Certificates of completed further training
  • Doctoral certificate or proof of the right to hold academic degrees or titles
  • proof of nationality, if applicable
  • in the case of foreign-language documents: Translation by a state-recognised translator or a translator sworn in by a court in Germany
  • for documents from third countries (outside the European Union): apostille or legalisation

You must present documents in the original or as an officially certified copy. Under certain circumstances, the medical registers may be able to draw up appropriate certifications.

Contact the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians.

  • Forms: yes
  • Written form required: yes
  • Personal appearance required: no
  • Online service: no

You must apply in writing to the competent authority for entry in the medical register using the application form.

  • If you have submitted the necessary documents and paid the fee for registration, you are entitled to be entered in the medical register.
  • You will then receive written information about the entry in the medical register.

Please note: The entry of the medical register in an association of statutory health insurance physicians is not to be equated with the entry in the register kept by the State Medical Association.

Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians Berlin

Department of Medical Registers

Masurenallee 6A

14057 Berlin, Germany

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found