jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request information from the custody register


A custody register is kept at the responsible youth welfare office for children of parents who are not married to each other. Entries shall be made in this custody register if:

  • custody declarations are made,
  • custody has been granted jointly in whole or in part on the basis of a final court decision
  • custody has been withdrawn, in whole or in part, from the mother or transferred to the father by virtue of a final court decision.

A mother who is not married to the child's father may obtain a certificate stating that and to what extent she has parental authority over her child.

  • Date of birth of the child
  • Place of birth of the child
  • Name of the child he or she had at the time the birth was certified

Proof of identification (identity card or passport)

3 days to 6 weeks

Contact the Youth Welfare Office.

If you, as the mother of the child, are not married to the father, you can obtain a certificate from the competent youth welfare office stating that and to what extent you have parental authority over your child.

  • Submit an application for information from the custody register to the responsible youth welfare office.

§ 58 Social Code VIII (SGB)


Free Hanseatic City of Bremen
The Senator for Social Affairs, Youth, Integration and Sport

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found