jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for export license plates


Do you want to transfer your vehicle to stay abroad permanently?

For this you need an international approval with an export plate.
You will be granted this export licence for a maximum of one year.

Note: If you have received an export license plate, you are taxable for its validity period (at least one month). If you do not have a domestic bank account, check with your registration authority about the procedure for paying vehicle tax.

Requirements for the registration of the vehicle are:

  • You must not have any arrears of fees and expenses from previous registration procedures. In the case of arrears of more than 30 euros, the registration authority may not register your vehicle until you have paid them. At less than 30 euros, the registration authority can decide whether to register the vehicle or not.
  • You must not have vehicle tax debts of five euros or more. When calculating the amount, late payment penalties, interest and late payment penalties are also taken into account.
  • If someone is to represent you when registering your vehicle, you must grant this person a written power of attorney. This must also contain a declaration of consent that the licensing authority may inform the authorised person about outstanding fees and expenses. Your representative must present the power of attorney and identify himself.
  • The vehicle must have valid proof of the main inspection (HU). If the due date of the main inspection is before the expiry of the export licence, you must submit the inspection report of an officially recognised inspection organisation on the new main inspection.
  • valid identity card or passport
  • in case of representation: additionally
    • written power of attorney
    • Declaration of consent that the motor vehicle tax situation or arrears of fees may be disclosed.
    • valid identity card or passport of the authorised person
  • for minors: additional declaration of consent and identity documents of the legal guardians
  • for legal persons/companies:
    • Excerpt from the commercial register or
    • Business registration or
    • Excerpt from the register of associations
  • Declaration on the collection of motor vehicle tax (SEPA direct debit mandate)
  • Registration certificate Part I (formerly vehicle registration document)
  • Registration certificate Part II (formerly vehicle registration document, if applicable a confirmation of deregistration issued before 1 October 2005)
  • Certificate of insurance for export vehicles
  • Proof of a valid main inspection (HU) if the vehicle is older than three years or was previously registered as a rental vehicle, taxi or similar for the entire duration of the export license. By the last HU report or according to the entry in the registration certificate part 1.
  • for registered vehicles: additional number plates

Note: Severely disabled people with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled person's pass are still exempt from motor vehicle tax. You do not have to issue a direct debit authorization.

Note: You can obtain the insurance confirmation of the motor liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request them by phone. The insurance company will be notified automatically.

Fees after administrative expenses: from EUR 31,40

Note: There are additional costs for the license plates.

The registration authority responsible for your place of residence. The responsibility depends on the place of residence of the vehicle owner, whereby the main residence according to the identity card is decisive.

In the case of legal persons, it is the registered office of the main establishment or the registered office of the branch.

You or your representative must apply for the allocation of an export license plate to the competent registration authority. Depending on the offer of your licensing authority, a form is available for download or an online service via the Internet.

The registration authority may require you to present the vehicle.

If the vehicle was previously registered, the registration authority stamps the previous license plates. You will then receive the export license plate for the duration of the liability insurance, for a maximum of one year.

Tip: The license plates are available from private providers. These can usually be found near the licensing authority.

Since February 2014, the Federal Customs Administration has been responsible for the taxation of motor vehicles. Information and forms on the subject of "motor vehicle tax" can be found on the website of the Customs Administration.

Ministry of Transport Baden-Württemberg

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found