jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request a change of address in your identity card


Your identity card shows your address. In case of a move, you must inform the competent authority.

The competent authority will affix a sticker to your identity card and change the address stored in the chip.

Your address has changed.

  • Identity card to change the apartment details
  • passport if you are moving in from another municipality

There are no fees.

You must request the change as soon as possible.

Processing Time: 0 Day
as a rule, immediate processing takes place

The responsibility lies with the municipality and the city to which you have moved.

If the address is changed by the holder of the identity card, he may be represented by an authorised person.

Your new address must be noted on your identity card.

Contact your local citizens' office.

There you present your current ID and your new address.

A sticker with the new address will be affixed to your identity card. The new address will also be stored on the chip of your ID.

The new residential address is stored on the electronic chip by the responsible authority. In addition, an address label is attached to the back of the identity card, sealed and provided with a transparent protective film. The new address is then changed both visibly on the document and on the electronic chip.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found