jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Report identity card theft


As a German citizen, you are obliged to have an identity card from the age of 16 if you do not have a valid passport. Any theft of your identity card must be reported to the Bürgeramt or the police. If you do not do this, you are acting in an irregular manner.
After registration, you can apply for a new identity card. If you have a valid passport, you do not need to apply for a new identity card.
If you report the theft to your citizens' office or police, the blocking of the online ID card will also be done.
You can also have your online ID blocked by telephone.
The blocking ensures that any attempt at misuse is detected immediately. After the blocking, it is no longer possible to use the online ID function of your identity card or to have it read out on site.
You can only initiate the blocking of the signature function from the provider of your signature certificate.

  • Identity card was stolen.

You do not need to submit any documentation.

There are no costs for you as a result of the report.

You must report the theft immediately.

Your report will be recorded immediately.

  • Objection.
  • Contradiction.
    Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
  • Administrative court action

The responsibility lies with the municipality and the city. Regardless of this, a complaint can also be filed with the police.

Report the theft to the Bürgeramt or the police.

Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found