jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Report loss of identity card


As a German citizen, you are obliged to have an identity card from the age of 16. You must immediately report the loss of your identity card to a citizens' office or the police. If you do not do this, you are acting in an irregular manner. When registering at the Bürgeramt, you can apply for a new identity card at the same time.
If you report the loss, the online ID function will also be blocked. This ensures that any attempt at abuse is detected immediately. After blocking, it is neither possible to use the online ID function of your identity card, nor to have its data read from your smartphone (Smart-eID).
You can only initiate the blocking of the signature function from the provider of your signature certificate.
After registration, you can apply for a new identity card. If you have a valid passport, you do not need to apply for a new identity card.

  • Your identity card has been lost

You do not need to submit any documentation.

There are no costs for you as a result of the report.

You must report the loss immediately.

Your report will be recorded without delay.

  • Objection.
  • Contradiction.
    Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
  • Administrative court action

The responsibility lies with the municipality and the city in which your main residence is.

Report the loss to a citizens' office or the police.

Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found