jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a permit to transport weapons


If you wish to transfer firearms or ammunition across borders into the area of application of the Weapons Act, into other member states of the European Union or into Switzerland, you require a permit.


  • The recipient is authorized to acquire or possess these weapons or ammunition.
  • Safe transportation by a person authorized to acquire or possess these weapons or ammunition is guaranteed.
  • If firearms or ammunition are to be brought to Germany from another Member State of the European Union, the permit is issued as consent to the other Member State's permit for the transfer in question.
  • If the destination is another Member State of the European Union, its consent is also required.

A fee of € 40.00 will be charged.

There is no special application deadline.

A permit to transport weapons is issued by the weapons authority - these are the districts and the independent city of Dessau-Roßlau as well as the respective police department instead of the independent cities of Halle and Magdeburg. You can also obtain information there about the documents and forms you need to bring with you.

This service does not apply to the personal carrying of weapons, e.g. as a marksman. In certain cases there is an obligation to notify the Federal Criminal Police Office (see § 34 WaffG).

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found