jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a license to practice medicine


If you would like to work as a doctor in Germany, you need a separate professional license - the Approbation or the Berufserlaubnis. The license to practice medicine is the higher-grade professional license.

The license to practice medicine is linked to various requirements, which are based on the successful completion of studies in Germany or an equivalent training qualification abroad, the knowledge of the German language required for practicing the profession as well as personal and health suitability for practicing the profession.

  • Successfully completed studies in Saxony-Anhalt
  • Or, after completing training abroad, an equivalent level of training and personal aptitude

You can request an overview of the documents required to obtain a license to practice from the State Examination Office for Health Professions.

EUR 120 to 265.

In addition, there are costs for the delivery of the license.

Fee: 150,00 - 250,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No


Note: The application for admission to the state examination for medical studies in Germany must be received by the competent authority in accordance with state law by January 10 or June 10.

The responsible office will confirm that your application and documents have been received after a maximum of one month. If the documents are complete, the procedure will take a maximum of 3 months.

The State Examination Office for Health Professions of the Saxony-Anhalt State Administration Office is responsible for issuing licenses in Saxony-Anhalt.

If you have already obtained a professional qualification as a doctor abroad, you can find further information on the federal government's website.

If you would like to work abroad as a doctor, dentist, pharmacist, psychological psychotherapist or child and adolescent psychotherapist, a "Certificate of Good Standing" is usually required. This certificate is also issued by the State Examination Office for Health Professions if you last worked in your profession in Saxony-Anhalt.

Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Integration of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found