jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Educational support: Announce changes


If you receive educational support (BAföG), you must notify us of any changes to your previous application details.

Some changes will result in an increase or decrease in your entitlement.

These include:

  • Change due to admission to health and long-term care insurance
  • Change in your income
  • Changing your parents' income
  • Change in the income of your spouse or partner
  • Changing your accommodation costs
  • Birth of your child

If your entitlement is increased, you will be paid more money each month.

With a reduction, you will receive less money. Under certain circumstances, you may have to repay the overpaid BAföG.

  • There have been changes in your personal circumstances that lead to a change in your BAföG entitlement
  • Notification of the amendment
    • For changes in the income situation of your parents or spouse or partner, please use Form 7
  • Proof of change (e.B. remuneration certificates)

You must notify the changes immediately.

Please contact the Office for Educational Support.

If something changes in your country, you must inform the Office for Educational Support immediately.

You can do this in writing or online. You must also submit the relevant evidence for your change request.

If your entitlement has increased, you will receive a change notice and the increased need will be paid to you. The amount will also be refunded to you retroactively if you have announced all changes in good time.

If your entitlement decreases, you will receive less BAföG from the following month. In addition, it will be checked whether you have received too much BAföG in the past, which you will then have to reimburse.

Changes to your name and address must be notified to the Office for Educational Support. If your studies and BAföG reference have already been completed, please also inform the Federal Office of Administration of your name and address change.

Ministry of Economic Affairs, Science and Digitalization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found