jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for equivalence of certificates of ethnic German repatriates according to BVFG


As a spätaussiedler, you are entitled to a recognition procedure for your educational qualifications. It is checked whether your degree is comparable to a German degree.

They can have school, university and vocational qualifications recognised.

You can have your vocational qualification compared with any profession that exists or no longer exists in Germany.

Your professional experience is usually not taken into account.

  • You are a spätaussiedler or Spätaussiedlerin
  • You have taken your exam in a resettlement area
  • You live in Saxony-Anhalt
  • Proof of recognition as a ethnic German repatriate
  • Proof of your degree (school, university or vocational qualification)

You can find out which documents are still necessary at the State Administration Office.

Fees apply. However, these depend on the scope of your recognition procedure.

Please contact the State Administration Office.

An informal application is sufficient.

In order to have your degree obtained abroad checked, you must submit an application. You should address this to the responsible body. Which body is responsible for you depends on the following factors:

  • your foreign degree,
  • your place of residence or work,

The competent authority compares your degree obtained abroad with the German reference degree. If no significant differences are found in this comparison, you will be certified as having full equivalence.

If there is partial equivalence, in the regulated professions, the competent authority will give you specific measures with which you can take the found

Be able to compensate for differences.

"Regulated" means that you need recognition of your professional qualifications in order to be able to practice the profession or use the professional title.

In the professions for which you do not necessarily need recognition (non-regulated), you will receive a notification in which the differences identified are described in detail. This allows you to apply directly to employers or to choose an individually suitable further training.

The recognition procedure ends with either a positive or a negative decision.

Partial recognition is not envisaged.

If you have lost qualifications for your profession, they can be reissued.

You can also go through the equivalence procedure according to the Federal Qualification Assessment Act (BQFG). This is possible with 600 professions, which are regulated by a federal law. You can find out exactly which professions this affects on the federal website (BQ-Portal).

Ministry of Economic Affairs, Science and Digitalization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found