jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for the issuance of classic car license plates


For vehicles that were first registered for traffic at least 30 years ago, you can apply for a red 07 license plate ("red classic car license plate"). The day of the 1st admission is decisive.

Your vehicle that already had a red license plate before March 1, 2007, but was not yet 30 years old, is protected.
The red 07 license plate is an alternative to the H license plate. It is especially worthwhile if you own several vintage vehicles. You can register any number of classic cars under one license plate. In addition, you do not have to carry out a general inspection.

However, you may only use the vehicles under the following conditions:

  • Participation in events that serve the presentation of vintage vehicles and the "care of the automotive cultural heritage",
  • as well as for the arrivals and departures to such events,
  • Test drives, test drives and transfer drives,
  • Journeys for the purpose of maintenance and repair of vehicles

They may only use the registration plate on vehicles for which the registration authority has issued a red vehicle registration document. All vehicles must always be compliant and roadworthy. Only one vehicle can be driven at a time with the license plate.

  • The vehicle was first registered at least 30 years ago.
  • good, largely original state of preservation of the vehicle and
  • a suitable, private parking space
  • written, informal application (with justification/proof of need)
  • Identity card or passport
  • police certificate of good conduct (to be obtained at the residents' registration office)
  • Excerpt from the Central Traffic Register (KBA)
  • eVB number, 7 digits (electronic insurance confirmation)
  • Registration certificate Part II (formerly: vehicle registration document) in the original
  • if Registration Certificate Part II does not exist: Certificate of origin
  • Certificate of deregistration (vehicle must be decommissioned)
  • Proof of ownership
  • Classic car appraisal according to § 23 Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO)
  • for several vehicles: listing (type, identification number, first registration)

Fees apply. These depend on the type and number of your vehicles.

Please contact the licensing authority of your county or city.

Ministry of Regional Development and Transport

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found