jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for the career qualification "Archive service, career group 2, second entry level" from abroad


If you have obtained a Master's degree or equivalent qualification in the following fields abroad, you can apply for the career qualification "Archive service, career group 2, second entry level" under certain conditions:

  • History,
  • law or
  • information sciences
  • or another suitable subject area

With this qualification, you can be employed as a civil servant.

  • Master's degree or equivalent degree in history, law, information science or other suitable subject areas,
  • Subsequent internal administrative studies comparable to the preparatory service with archival state examination
  • Knowledge of a modern foreign language at least at level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and basic knowledge of Latin
  • Proof of identity
  • Details of your current place of residence
  • Tabular list of your completed courses of study and relevant gainful employment
  • Proof of studies obtained abroad
  • Proof of relevant professional experience or other qualifications, if these are or could be required to establish equivalence
  • Declaration as to whether and to which body you have already submitted an application for determination of equivalence,
  • If applicable, notification of the determination

If further documents are required, the competent body will contact you.

As a rule, all documents must be submitted in German in the original or as a certified copy. If the documents are written in another language, you may also require a translation by a publicly appointed (sworn) translator. Please contact the relevant office.

Up to EUR 600.00.

If recognition is made dependent on the completion of adaptation courses or performance assessments, further costs may be incurred. Information on this can be obtained from the responsible office.

If you do not agree with the decision of the competent authority, you are free to take legal action in accordance with the Administrative Court Code (objection procedure, legal action). The exact details can be found in the respective notices from the responsible office.

Please contact the Ministry of the Interior and Sport.

The competent body will check whether and to what extent your foreign qualification meets the German qualification requirements for the career path on the basis of the documents you submit. based on, for example, the content and duration of the training, relevant professional experience or other qualifications.

Within 3 months of submitting the complete documents, the competent authority will inform you in writing whether

  • recognition will be granted,
  • there are deficits in the qualification and therefore compensation measures are necessary before recognition
  • compensatory measures are necessary or
  • recognition cannot be granted.

Ministry of the Interior and Sport

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found