jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a career qualification "General Administrative Service, Category 2, First Entry Office" from abroad


If you have completed a bachelor's degree in administration abroad, you can apply for the career qualification "General Administrative Service, Career Group 2, First Entry Office".

The different areas of general administration in a state or municipality can be the following:

  • Procurement
  • Human resource management
  • Municipal services,
  • Public order
  • or social welfare

Career qualification is a prerequisite for employment as a civil servant.

  • general knowledge of German administrative law
  • Bachelor's degree program "Public Administration"
  • Proof of identity
  • Indication of your current place of residence
  • Tabular list of the courses of study you have completed and the relevant gainful employment you have carried out
  • Certificates of study acquired abroad
  • evidence of relevant professional experience or other evidence of formal qualifications, where such evidence is or may be necessary for the determination of equivalence
  • Explanation of whether and to which body you have already submitted an application for a determination of equivalence, if applicable, notification of the determination

If further documents are required, the competent authority will contact you.

As a rule, all documents must be submitted in German as an original or as a certified copy. If the documents are written in another language, you may also need a translation by a publicly appointed (sworn) translator. Please contact the competent authority.

Up to EUR 600.00.

Insofar as recognition is made dependent on the completion of adaptation courses or performance assessments, further costs may be incurred. Information on this can be obtained from the competent authority.

If you do not agree with the decision of the competent authority, you are free to appeal under the Code of Administrative Court Procedure (objection proceedings, legal proceedings). The exact details can be found in the notices of the competent authority.

Contact the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Sports.

On the basis of the documents you have submitted, the competent authority will check whether and to what extent your foreign qualification meets the German qualification requirements for the career, for example on the basis of the content and duration of the training, relevant professional experience or other qualifications.

Within 3 months of submitting the complete documents, you will be informed in writing by the competent authority whether:

  • recognition is granted,
  • there are deficiencies in the qualification and therefore before recognition
  • compensatory measures are necessary, or
  • recognition cannot take place.

Ministry of the Interior and Sports

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found