jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a place at university


If you want to study at a university, you need a university entrance qualification. You will receive this if you have finished your school with the following school leaving certificate:

  • General higher education entrance qualification
  • Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
  • Fachhochschulreife
  • Or a previous education recognized by the ministry. This is, for example, a passed master craftsman's examinationor vocational advancement training.

If you did not obtain your university entrance qualification in Germany or at a German school abroad, you can use the admission database of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to find out whether your certificateis sufficient for studying in Germany.

If your certificate or knowledge of German is not sufficient, you mustfirstattend a Studienkolleg. Currently, there is a Landesstudienkolleg in Saxony-Anhalt with departments at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg and at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. In addition, there are state-approved private preparatory colleges.

You can also study part-time. The prerequisites for this are determined by the universities.

  • University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur)
  • Sufficient knowledge of German and completion of the assessment test at the Studienkolleg

For some degree programmes, you must meet further requirements, for example:

  • an internship
  • an aptitude test
  • School report
  • Proof of German language skills
  • and, if applicable, proof of passing the examination at the Studienkolleg

Costs are incurred at the state-approved preparatory colleges.

The universities have set different deadlines within which you must submit your application and your supporting documents.

Contact the university where you would like to study.

If you would like to study at a university, please contact the respective university directly.

  • You can apply to many universities on the website.
  • To do this, you must provide some personal information (e.g. name, address) and submit certificates.
  • For the subjects of medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, you must apply online via hochschulstart.de.
  • Please note the application deadline when applying.
  • For some degree programmes, you must pass an aptitude test in advance.
  • If your degree programme is open to admission, you can usually enrol directly at the university and be enrolled. But even here there are exceptions.

If your degree programme has restricted admission, the university will check whether you meet the specified criteria. If you meet these requirements, you can enrol at the university and be enrolled.

There are many websites where you can findout about studying in Germany, from the recognition of your certificate to the application as an academic.

For the subjects of medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, you must apply online via hochschulstart.

Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitization.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found